All about the Gower Chilli Festival.....
The Gower Chilli Festival is based on the Gower peninsula in South Wales, just beyond Swansea. The venue is the South Gower Sports Club (SA3 1BA) just near to the village of Port Eynon. The Gower is one of the most beautiful places in the world being the first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) anywhere in the UK over 50 years ago. The Gower is one of the most popular Summer destinations in the UK with great water sports, fishing, walking and surfing with many famous beaches such as Rhossili bay Port Eynon Bay and Three Cliffs. It is this close affinity with the sea that has led us to support the RNLI as our main charity.
The Gower Chilli Festival was founded in 2011 by Andrew Brooks of Gower Chillis and it now incorporates the Gower Chilli Cookoff (run by the UK Chilli Cookoff Association). The festival has grown from around 300 visitors in 2011 to over 5,000 in 2016 and every year surprises us with the numbers and enthusiasm of the people who attend and make the event such fun.
The Gower Chilli festival is known locally as having a laid back vibe where all the family is welcome.
Entry charges to the 2018 Festival will be announced in due course. Concessions (with identification) are 20% discount. The money raised helps support our nominated charities like the RNLI and Swansea Community Farm as well as finding new attractions for everyone; we already have exciting new events booked and more information will be published as the festival takes shape.
What can you see and do at the Festival?
There are almost too many things to write down but as a flavour, at this year’s Chill Festival you can:
· Meet many of the UK’s top chilli companies selling amazing sauces, jams, jellies, salts, jerky, nuts, crisps, onions, eggs and a whole range of products you won’t even have thought of; in addition you will be able to buy a range of chilli plants from mild to wild great as gifts or house-plants that keep on giving!
· Taste a whole selection of gourmet foods from olives and deli foods, American specialities, rare-breed meats, cheese, sea-salt, chocolate, spices and many more
· Listen to a programme of great live music from local and regional bands selected for their energy, style and musicianship. We aim to have bands playing right throughout the festival on both days from sea-shanty’s to blues, to blue-grass, folk, rock and much more
· Browse a cornucopia of local and regional crafts and gifts with jewellery, pictures, slate, wood and sculpture to name but a few
· Keep the kids entertained with a range of both free and paid attractions; these to include crafts, face-painting, story time & chill-out area, fun fair and bouncy castles. We also hope to have farm animals and wood-craft activities and will invite the popular Samba Drumming and Kids Science workshops back for another year.
· Sample fantastic hot Street Food!
· Refresh your taste buds at the Sports Club bar on site with excellent local ales as well as the (in)famous Chilli Cocktail bar, happily corrupting famous recipes with chilli infused spirits and mixers (some of our visitors only get this far!)
· Take part in the great Gower Chilli Cookoff or just come along and taste. Once the 3 hour competition is run there is a public tasting which supports local charities
· Go mad at the new Chilli Eating Competition
· Just chill out for the whole weekend (from the day before the festival) by either bringing your own tent to our standard campsite or enjoy the amazing Glamping experience – affordable luxury with some chilli twists thrown in for fun.
Parking is Free
We look forward to seeing you there