Colonel Bills is responsible for setting the policies that govern how data collected about individuals is managed.
When you buy or express an interest in products from Colonel Bills, it will collect the following information:
1. Your name and address and other contact details (such as your mobile or land line phone number or email address) you might provide to us
2. Search history and other electronic data when you have used the internet to look at and buy products from Colonel Bills
3. Details of any comments, information or complaints you have raised with Colonel Bills regarding your purchases
4. Google analytics can also be used to collect data about your internet address (but will not identify you by name) so that unique visits to our websites can be tracked
5. Electronic data can also include cookies which helps us to understand where customers have come from and the pages they are interested in (see the section on cookies at the end)
6. We do not store any credit/debit card or paypal details used when purchasing from Colonel Bills
What will we do with the information collected about you?
We will use the information you provide to help us engage with you as a customer. This will include:
1. Ensuring you receive the products you have ordered
2. Providing you with information about products you might be interested in (including running promotional activities)
3. Billing you, where necessary, for the products supplied by us
4. Ensuring that our systems can provide you with information of interest and make buying from us as easy as possible
5. Undertaking research to help us understand customer preferences and requirements
6. Completing analysis of the effectiveness of the marketing we undertake and to develop and improve our products offered to you
Who will receive the information collected about you?
The information we receive will be stored in Colonel Bills electronic systems. The information will be accessible by:
1. Relevant Colonel Bills members of staff when they need to deal with any queries or complaints regarding Colonel Bills or they need to manage any part of delivering products to you
2. Colonel Bills will not share your information with third parties. We will never sell your data to third party marketing agencies.
Reasons we collect and store information about you
1. We collect and store the information to enable us to sell products to you and to manage the customer relationship. From time to time, we might collect together data in an anonymous way to look at customer trends so we understand how we can develop our products and services for you.
2. Information will only be held for as long as is necessary as described below.
3. Colonel Bills will therefore process your data either on the basis of fulfilling its contractual obligation to supply products to you or on the basis of its legitimate interests as part of managing the ongoing customer relationship with you.
How long will your information be kept?
1. We will hold your name and contact details and purchase history for up to seven years from our last transaction with you.
2. We will keep the information for up to seven years because we find that some customers like to hear about offers or products that might be of interest to them some years after their previous purchase. So our experience has been that customers welcome us getting back in touch with them (even if their transaction with Colonel Bills was sometime ago).
3. We may also need to keep some personal information to bring or defend legal claims or to handle enquiries from government bodies.
4. After seven years, and if we have had no contact from you, records that identify you will be destroyed.
You also have the right to ask us to erase your information
- this is set out below.
You have the right to:
1. Access your personal information held by us.
2. Require us to correct any mistakes in your information that we hold.
3. Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
4. Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
5. Object in certain other circumstances to our continued processing of your personal information.
6. Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you
for direct marketing
7. Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain
You can obtain further information about these rights from
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can email us at: